The netClé Project
netClé (pronounced net-clay) is a unique customizable device that makes computers and laptops more user friendly for people with mobility limitations, allowing them to stay connected and maintain their independence. Since early 2019 with funds from the federal government, the Tetra Society has been developing netClé with the goal to being able to offer an affordable finished product on our TetraGear site by mid 2021.
What is netClé?
netClé consists of a small hub and a variety of connectable sensors, switches, and input devices which allow users to navigate a cursor with touch or movement from a single digit, limb – or even their head! At the heart of the netClé hub is a hardware-printed circuit board attached to a micro-controller which supports multiple input devices. netClé’s innovative software configurability allows for total customization of each input device to the user’s unique needs, abilities and purposes.
netClé features include:
- An evolving variety of input devices including joysticks, touch sensors, switches and even a gyro!
- USB connection for easy operation of a mouse and on-screen keyboard.
- Bluetooth compatibility allowing for the potential to control devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Switch outputs for appliances and other electronics.
- Sound and light indicators for persons with vision or hearing impairment.
The customizable nature of netClé makes it suitable for individuals with diverse needs, abilities and purposes; ultimately providing users with increased independence and freedom of activity.
For more information about netClé and our pilot teams, please contact us at info@netCle.ca.
Learn how Omar uses his netClé and his recommendations for anyone trying this device for themselves!
Tim discusses how netClé can help those in similar situations as himself with their computing needs.
Join the Project
We are currently in our product testing phase and are in need of individuals who are willing to use the netClé and provide us with their feedback. We have developed a method to install netClé remotely, which respects all social distancing requirements. If you can answer “YES” to the following, then we need your help!
- I use a computer and have a disability or physical condition that makes it challenging to do so using standard devices (mouse & keyboard)
- I have a computer with a stable internet connection (Windows, Mac & Linux laptops or desktops are all acceptable), and:
- a valid email address
- audio (mic and speakers) and video (camera) capabilities
- a friend, family member or caregiver who can provide assistance (if needed) to unbox the unit when it is delivered, connect the various components and position the input device(s) for your use
Complete the form below or call 1-236-996-8110 to learn how you can get involved.
While supplies last. In your message, please provide your first name, telephone number, the city or town where you live and the best time to call.